Housing Economic Research
Halifax conducts a wide range of housing research including the long standing Halifax House Price Index.
The Halifax House Price Index is the UK's longest running monthly house price series with data covering the whole country going back to January 1983.
Halifax housing and Halifax House Price Index releases can be found at halifax.co.uk
- 02 July 2018 Returning to ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’: more Second Steppers rely on family and friends to move up the property ladder
- 26 June 2018 Bank of Scotland launches Mortgage Gift site with £500 to spend for first-time buyers and home movers and switchers
- 09 June 2018 Homes close to a supermarket can boost house prices by more than £21,000
- 30 May 2018 Blooming heck: thieves rake it in as Brits’ gardening habits blossom
- 23 May 2018 First-time buyers in London pay double to take their first step on the housing ladder